2013 Authorized Amarra Dealer
Add Room Correction to your Amarra system
Spatial Dimension for Amarra is a new service designed specifically for Amarra Users. Spatial can perform the speaker / room matching equalization function of the award winning Spatial HD system at the low price of $995 including Symphony upgrade.
If you already own the Amarra playback software application and a Mac computer, you can now enjoy the digital room correction benefits of Spatial's advanced equalization process using the Amarra Symphony version. We remotely measure your speakers and room and build a sonically transparent correction file for real-time processing of the music file.
The music file comes out of the computer already pre-conditioned with equalization adjustments to help make your speaker sound linear and natural in almost any room environment. This simple and effective approach eliminates the need for outboard room processors and delivers the ultimate in audio quality, without sonic degradation. Our remotely controlled measurement and correction service takes the complexity and guesswork out of the process of optimizing the sound of your system.
Spatial Dimension measurement package comes with everything needed for us to remotely measure, analyze and correct the speaker / room interface - USB Measurement microphone, mic stand and cables shipped to your home. Then, Clayton Shaw personally performs the equalization process and creates a digital file of the settings. The digital correction runs automatically inside Amarra.
As the audiophile community moves to computer audio in order to take advantage of high resolution music files, Spatial decided to leverage the computer's immense power and accuracy to address the big issue that compromises all home audio systems:
Speaker / Room Interaction
Speaker Correction Example A In Example A, an expensive speaker with exceptionally linear response is ruined when placed in a real room environment (Blue trace). The broad midrange dip from 125Hz to 500Hz is created by room interaction, which will cause the chest portion of a vocalist to sound thin and lacking in foundation. An adjacent Bass peak at 88Hz is also evident, creating a 12dB peak-to-peak anomaly. The Spatial Correction process has restored the speaker to the linear response intended by the speaker designer (Green trace).
Most loudspeakers on the market today do nothing to counter room interaction when used in a domestic environment. Generally, the larger and more complex speaker designs fare the worst in real rooms. This presents a serious problem for the audiophile, since the traditional means of optimizing a speaker in his room have been of limited value in practical terms. The 3 main optimization tools have been:
01 Move the speaker around the room and try to find a location with decent Bass quality.
02 Employ acoustic treatment products in an attempt to "civilize" the room.
03 Employ outboard room correction processors to equalize the speaker to the room.
Methods 01 and 02 can be very helpful, but the listener is working blind and relying on assumptions and experimentation. This process is usually accompanied by frustration and a failure to fix the real issues.
Outboard room correction processors can offer a concrete solution, but the better processors are usually much too complex to operate for the home audiophile. Plus, the addition of another box in the signal path brings with it numerous sonic penalties in terms of transparency to the source.
• Remote Measurement - A Spatial Engineer logs on to your computer remotely via internet connection to measure your room and speaker separately. Modal response analysis allows us to determine if the chosen speaker location is suitable. FFT analysis allows us to see how the room is altering the speaker's response across the sound spectrum.
• Correction applied - Based on the measured data, correction filters are built and saved in the Symphony EQ software that offset the changes that the room has introduced to the speaker's response at the listening position. The sonic performance of any loudspeaker can be greatly improved with this method.
• No sonic penalty - The correction algorithm is applied to the digital music file directly with 64 bit accuracy, eliminating the quality degradation associated with outboard processors and cables.
• Complete Solution - Combining the finest 24/192K music file playback engine with invisible signal processing to control the speaker create a simple and enjoyable listening experience with advanced online support. Its like we moved into the spare bedroom.
• Firewire and USB DAC Support